Skip to content
How much is it?
- 130 EGP for 125 grams (net weight)
What is The No Poo Recipe?
- It is a healthier and 100% natural alternative for shampoo. It cleans, moisturizes and gives volume to the hair without stripping its natural oils. It is recommended for all hair types and highly recommended for cases of dandruff and naturally/chemically dyed hair.
What is it made of?
- It’s made of 100% pure, natural, organic hand-picked sidr leaves that are properly cultivated and dried at optimal temperature to preserve its active ingredients.
What are the benefits of Sidr Powder?
- It cleans the hair without stripping it from its natural oils hence leaving the hair voluminous
- it moisturizes and it acts like a conditioner thanks to the high percentage of mucilage
- it has a de-inflammatory effect and it soothes itchy and sore scalp
- it’s anti-dandruff
- it makes your scalp healthier hence promoting hair growth
- it helps prevent hair color wash-out (natural & chemical)
How do I use it?
- For short/medium hair, mix 3 tablespoons of The No Poo Recipe with ¾ cups of warm water until a yogurt-like consistency paste is reached. For long hair mix 4.5 tablespoons with 1 cup of warm water.
- Allow the paste to sit for 5 minutes before use.
- Section your hair and then apply the cleanser onto both the scalp and sectioned hair.
- Rub to clean and then allow the paste to sit on both the hair and scalp for 2-3 minutes.
- Rinse well and condition as usual.
Is it safe for kids?
- Yes, it’s even safer than regular shampoos as it’s 100% natural.
How long does it last?
- It differs depending on the length of the hair, however on average it should be enough for 5- 6 washes for medium length medium thickness hair.
How often should I use it? Can I use it in my daily routine?
- You can use it as a shampoo alternative whenever you wash your hair. Good news is; if you wash your hair with it every day, it won’t strip your hair from its natural oils as some shampoos, even sulfate free ones, might do.
When will it expire?
- It expires after 2 years from production date.
I made more than I should and there are left overs. Can I keep them in the fridge and use it again?
- It wouldn’t damage your hair but it wouldn’t be as efficient as the freshly prepared recipe, so we advise you to make just enough for one use and throw out any excess.
Is it suitable for all hair types?
Would it affect the color of my hair?
- No. In fact it actually preserves natural hair color and makes it shinier. On top, it makes natural/chemical hair dyes stay longer on your hair.
How should I store it?
- It should be stored at room temperature
Can I leave it more than 5 minutes on my hair?
- Yes it’s totally fine, in fact it will act as a deep cleansing hair mask.
I followed the instructions but it didn’t become yogurt-like consistency. What should I do?
- Measures can vary (cup sizes and tablespoons) so we advise you to mix with water until you reach this consistency.
Can I add it to henna mix?
- Yes, it can make henna color stay longer on your hair.
How is it any different from the sedr leaves sold at the spice shop (attar)?
- This is like how the henna from India/Yemen is different from the one sold at attar in terms of the effectiveness of the active ingredient and the quality of the sift. The leaves of the No Poo Recipe are 100% pure, natural, organic and also hand-picked. They are properly cultivated, dried at optimal temperature to preserve its active ingredients and carefully sifted from dust and any other impurities. This shows in the color of the powder as well as the quality of the sift.